1. The best tool chests will be made of heavy gauge steel that is securely welded for strength and painted with a durable, powder-coated finish guaranteed to stand up to many years of rough workshop treatment.
2. For maximum flexibility and ease of use, some styles of tool cabinets feature interchangeable drawers that can be configured specifically to your usage needs.
3. In order to store and organize all your tools and accessories, tool chests and cabinets feature several drawers of varying sizes and depths, some with molded tray compartments for smaller items.
4. Tool chests and cabinets that feature a coated MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) or steel lid provide a durable, non-slip workspace for smaller projects.
5. In order to keep your valuable tools safe and secure, choose tool chests that feature heavy-duty steel construction and locking drawers.
6. Smooth rolling wheels allow you to move your entire tool collection easily, all around your workspace. This is handy if you're working on several projects at the same time or if you often transport your tool chest to and from a job site.